This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cryptocoryne wendtii

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by hani, Nov 8, 2007.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    i have 2 of these plants in the tank about 12in from eachothe, they are abou 6 month old till last 2 weeks one of them starting to have some meltting proble at the leafes, am using EI, CO2., the other one is doing well, the only diffrence is the one thats melting recives more light after i did a major trimming few weeks ago, i have 160 wt over my 29G., the other one is planted near a n amazon sword and does not get too much light may be half. could to much light be the cause for the problem? my kno3 on target test ed using lamotte, my co2 on target with 4khDC.
    I WILL POST SOME PCTURE LATER
    THANKS

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    You have 5 wpg? Did I read that correctly? If so, I would go for about 1-2 wpg at most..

That is WAY too much light. While crypts can take more light than folks think, I think this is too much. Try shading it a bit more...........

I use 450w of mh for my 180. Crypts are okay under the light, but grow TALLER when shaded a bit.........

Also, please advise on your EI dosing amounts/schedule......

3. hani

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    my dosing kno3 10ppm x3wk, po4 kept at 2ppm, iron 3 xwk, GH BOOSTER with water chang 5gm , GH 4-5.?
    yes, i do have 2 x55 CF + 2 X20 WT AQUA GLOW.
    LIGHT TIME 10H
    here is an old pic of my tank befor trimming, i will post a newer one soon
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...Picture044.jpg

4. hani

Lifetime Member

Local Time: