This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

cryptococryne melt

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Cornhusker, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Guru Class Expert

:) tom,with all things going good in a tank, all plants doing great,allmost no algae,why do leaves on healthy crypt's melt? is this normal,or is there something missing in the fertilizing routine? this happens even when no moving or changes in tank conditions.otherwise these are beautiful plants, very easy to maintain. :) :) regards,cornhusker

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: cryptococryne melt

Mine don't melt.

Some variation and accilmation peroid perhaps, but they should do fine.
    I pinch any leaves that die back.
    Higher GH seems to help a lot.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Re: cryptococryne melt

I have experienced PARTS of my leaves melting, and was quite surprised when it happened.

After a few times I noticed it only happened after chasing fish around in the tank with a net. I'm assuming in my case the melt was a result of the abuse the plant took as the result of my vigorous net arm.