This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Crypt Parva - Finally the low CO2 carpet

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Crom, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Crom

Crom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:55 PM
    After a long time, and trying everything under the sun.... I finally found a good "carpet style" plant for a non-Co2 low light tank.

Cryptocorne Parva has been awesome. It didn't melt and 6 months later still going strong. Some of it which is directly in the light (probably 35 par or so) is flat, some that is growing in shade is a bit taller...

Granted, it's not the perfect carpet like baby tears of stuff that needs CO2, however, failure after failure, this seems to be my answer. I wanted to share that with any of the non-CO2 guys since I often see finding a low light carpet is in high demand.

For the record, I've tried hairgrass, four leaf clover and the other marsilea's, mosses etc... (I do get X-mas moss, and java moss to grow just not more than like 10 inches down.)

I've included a picture. My daughter decided to add the colored rocks when I wasn't looking (grrrrr).... but if your looking for a low light carpet with a low tech setup... Try Crypt parva!

2. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    10:55 PM
    I have a a nice staurogyne repens carpet in my low tech tank. Doesn't grow fast but it gets thick with pruning and replanting.

3. Fisherking

Fisherking Member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    I have long suspected that, if I wanted a carpet, C. parva would be the perfect plant to try. That said, I can't see your photo....