This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Crap.

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by mdwheeler, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mdwheeler

mdwheeler Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:12 AM
    So I've been in the process of overhauling my ten gallon. I'm also trying to create a DIY dosing pump out of a modded air pump. The easy part is getting the pump going. The hard part is getting a measurement of the flow rate. I thought I had the pump set correctly and hooked a bottle of Seachem Flourish to a gang valve then opened it up to get the flow going, then shut it almost completely closed to a crawling rate of around 1 tiny drop every half minute or so, or at least I thought. Sure enough I look up at the tank after i'd been tinkering around with it and to my surprise the water was yellow. :confused:

I'm not sure if I should be worried about doing a water change as my fish seem to be unaffected, and I read somewhere in the seachem forum that theres nothing in Flourish that can hurt the fish. I also read that its a possibility a 'chemical reaction' occurred (which I doubt). I honestly don't know any of the parameters of my water. I know the water is very, very hard as I had a local aquarium store test it.

I'll probably leave it a day and if see if it clears up a little. If it doesn't, i'll probably go ahead and do a 50% water change.

By the way: Hello! to everyone here. This is kinda the first post i've maid aside from a blog comment and a post on Tom's external reactor thread. :eek:

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:12 AM
    Hi mdwheeler, welcome :)

One tiny drop can already be 0,5 ml. It's very easy to overdose that way. Maybe one or two tiny drops per day would be better. I'd change 50% water anyway. On a ten gallon that takes round 5 minutes. ;)

regards,
    dutchy