This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crank up the CO2 more?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by nickmcmechan, Mar 22, 2009.

1. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan Prolific Poster

So, on top the BGA now, added loads of hygro and starting to get good growth all round, the anubias are pearling, all the other plants are growing well now

the co2 goes into a reactor at the right of the tank and the drop checker (i use 4dkh) is at the extreme opposite corner at the left, the spray bar is near it and pushes flow away from it a bit

the drop checker shows light green and the bubble rate is 3 to 4 bps, its a 300 litre tank

shoud i crank up the co2 more, or is this really high? should i fiddle with the reactor?

2. PlantX

PlantX Junior Poster

If u have pearling the plants are very active and getting what they need. Like the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it.

3. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

i agree, however i run a 60gal and i seem to have to run my bps at >6 to get good pearling/less bga starting... if i turn it down it starts again... go figure.. :)