This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Or Flood?

Discussion in 'Emmersed / Wabi Kusa' started by Fewater, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Fewater

Fewater New Member

Local Time:
    4:31 AM
    Hello all,

I have a somewhat time-sensitive question, as I need to decide before tomorrow morning, but I can always have someone make an adjustment for me if required.

I am going to be away for a week and I'm not sure if I should cover my emersed growth setup with seran wrap or leave it uncovered so that my misting system can continue to operate. The entire setup is within a mini-greenhouse with humidifiers running and it has been working with moderate success so far.
    The problem is that the misting system uses about ~2.5-3 gallons a week and if I don't pump water out (which I do every two days), it will immerse the carpeting plants (Utricularia Graminifolia) and I'm afraid the carpet is not ready for flooding. If I let the water rise and drain it after a week, I imagine that would not create favorable conditions for the plants. I would love any insight here.
    So my options are to let it go and either drain or continue to flood when I return, or cover with wrap and turn the misting system off until I return. The lighting will remain turned on at the usual cycle I have set (12 hours).

Thoughts?

Google Photos Album of Setup

#1 Fewater, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018