This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Coral sand or Seachem Meridian as source of Calcium

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by AQUAMX, Jun 10, 2009.

1. AQUAMX

AQUAMX Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    Hi all

I am currently having water problems with my CRS breeding system.

The system is- 6 tanks, 5 currently running, that are 120x45x45cm in size each, 1 tank is the sump. Each tank had ADA aqua soil amazonia as a substrate. The total water volume is approx 1215 Litres

My water source is Rainwater, due to their being no mains tap water in the mountains where i live:) The parameters from the tap are P.H 6.5, K.H-0 and G.H-0. This is great for my plants considering high CO levels in the rainwater:)

While i am confident adding G.H booster, K.H buffer etc to manage G.H and K.H it has not helped with the breeding of the CRS.

I am wondering if it is the Calcium levels or lack of.

So, i have a large amount of Coral sand and also Seachem Meridian sand lying around from when i kept Cichlids before plants.
    Would making up some small stockings and placing them in the sump help with the calcium issue or even a pot full? How much should i add at a time?

Sounds silly, but I'm really at a loss and would like to continue breeding my shrimp:confused:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.