This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

confused

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by colonel, Mar 22, 2006.

1. colonel

colonel Guru Class Expert

This is from the December issue.... Just looking to try to clear some things up. Is that suggesting that there is evidence to suppoort high levels of K compared to Mg can cause a plants to not be able to ultize the Mg in the water colum, making deficiencies appear even though Mg is available in the water colum?

Just curious.... I am STILL having issues with my tanks that I am unable to answer or solve by adding *more* nutrients, that basically look similar to Mg deficiency...... im at a loss of what to do, its frustrating..... Just trying to find what the reason is that my plants wont grow healthy and lush....

thanks

Matt

2. DavidR

DavidR Prolific Poster

Re: confused

How do you know it's a Mg problem? I add K to my tank, but in moderate amounts, about 10-20ppm total per week. I have no issues. I did however have issues using KCL, but not with K2SO4. The reason I began dosing K in the first place was because I was seeing deficiencies in my Hygro siamensis (pinholes), even though I dose KNO3 & KH2PO4. Since I started dosing K, no more pinholes. And I have liquid rock for water.

What plants are you seeing your problems in, or, what plants are you not seeing this condition in?