This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Confused about KH2PO4

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by mathman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mathman

mathman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:34 PM
    The EI thread says I need KH2PO4. Is this the same thing as mono potassium phosphate? I'm trying to purchase this from the plantfertilizer website given on the thread and that's the only thing they have. Can some someone pleAse confirm this. Thank you

#1 mathman, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  2. Jim Miller

Jim Miller Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Same stuff

Jim

3. mathman

Local Time:
    Thank you sir. I was confused since the forums says it monobasic potassium phosphate. But if you say it's the same thing thanks

4. Jim Miller

Jim Miller Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The "proper" name is mono-potassium di-hydrogen phosphate. The di-hydrogen is often omitted.

jim

5. mathman

Local Time:
    Thank you for the fast response. I'm so excited! I am starting the EI method today!!! I am doing a 50% WC prior to dosing the plants. Jim the EI thread states to use 1/8 Tsp of KH2PO4 (monobasic potassium phosphate) when purchasing this on aquariumfertilizer they did not have this compound under this name. They have MKP (monopotassium phosphate) that's where the confusion began.

So, I received everything today. I will do a 50% WC then add:
    1/2 tsp of KNO3
    1/8 tsp of MKP (monopotassium phosphate)
    3/4 Barr's GH booster

And here's another question. I did not purchase dry micro nutrients since I already have sachems flourish. How much of that should I put?

#5 mathman, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  6. scottward

scottward Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    What size is your tank? Based on your other doses I'm guessing your tank is only a small 30-40G tank? If this is the case, I think about 3x10mls of Seachem Flourish?

It says in the EI thread how much to add (but possibly you were confussed by the fact that it mentioned a different brand of trace; if my memory serves me correctly, all these well known trace liquid supplements are about the same concentration, so 10mls of Tropica Master Grow = 10mls Seachem Flourish).

I think. ;-)