This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about dry 10% EDTA Fe dosing...

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by pepetj, Jun 23, 2011.

  1. pepetj

    pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    2
    I got a 1Kg package of dry chelated iron (EDTA Fe). The bag says it has 10% of Fe and the rest 90% is inert.

    Using Teaspoon-Tablespoon as measurement how should I dose? Is the 10% a standard presentation or a "diluted" one?

    I prepare solutions for my macros so 5ml is all I have to add per 20gals of water; can I go with similar solution for Fe EDTA at 10%?

    The package says to consult with a professional for dosing instructions...

    Pepetj
    Santo Domingo
     
  2. grshs_vny

    grshs_vny Prolific Poster

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    0
    10% is the concentration in presentation,not after dilution.1gram of 10% Fe EDTA increases iron concentration by 1ppm in 100liters of water.
     
  3. Biollante

    Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    3,210
    Likes Received:
    1
    Professional Potted Plant Consult, PayPal Accepted…

    Hi Pepetj,

    50 grams of 10% iron mixed into distilled water and top off to 500-mililiters will yield a 1%, or 10,000-ppm iron solution. :D

    Store in a dark place, those brown Hydrogen peroxide bottles are great, store them away from the light.:cool:

    Biollante
     
  4. Biollante

    Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    3,210
    Likes Received:
    1
    Response To Email Question... I Should Have Been Clear...

    Hi All,

    To clarify, I used the 1% solution to match SeaChem’s Flourish Iron.:)

    Each milliliter will raise the iron in 20 gallons of water about 0.13-ppm.:gw

    Biollante
     
Loading...

Share This Page