This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Concoa regulator questions

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by tridentair, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tridentair

tridentair Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    Hello, just received my new Concoa 2121331 regulator, I would like to build my first dual stage CO2 requlator to replace old JBJ. Have few questions, first I will need to replace adapter to CGA320. This partical unit has output gauge ranging fro 0-30 psi, I would like to run a bit more than 30 psi for inline gla diffuser, do you think this unit will be able to handle hiegher output pressure if I replace gauge with 0-60, 0-100 psi. And last question, this unit has relief valve, should i leave it alone or replace it with plug.
    All answers will be greatly appreciated. Can someone pointme to right place to by correct CGA320 adapter and what size should I get, opening on regulator where the CGA580 is looks like 1/2" but everywhere i see 1/4" NPT, as I said, I never done anything like this before. Thank you in advance.

2. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Your CGA port on the concoa 212 is 1/4" npt for sure. You can replace that pressure relief valve with a plug. Not sure about the high pressure low-pressure gauge. I know that if you were to reduce a 0-200 psi gauge to a 0-60, you are fine. Not sure about the opposite direction.
    COngrats oon the purchase! Feel free to PM me.

#2 Matt F., Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Matt,

Why do we want to replace the relief valve with a plug? Isn't the valve there for a reason???

tridentair,

Congrats on the purchase. A very nice regulator...Best of luch with it...

4. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    On some models it's okay to take the relief valve off. It's an option on some regulators (not required).

5. nipat

nipat Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Hi, agree with Matt F.

tridentair, NPT sizes are nominal.
    The actual diameters differ.
    1/4" NPT is actually 35/64" or 0.540".
    So it looks like 1/2". :)
    http://www.fairburyfastener.com/xdims_pipe_threads.htm

#5 nipat, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  6. tridentair

tridentair Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you guys for your replies, this unit is amazing and solid, I was looking forward to build this regulator, but have to sell it now. The idea was to use it with inline diffuser but it requires at least 30 psi to work properly. This unit can handle only up to 15 psi outlet pressure. I will be putting it up for sale or trade, and will look for the one that can go from 0-40 psi.