This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Con Not Solve This Problem For Months

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by yusuf saraç, Nov 24, 2018.

1. yusuf saraç

yusuf saraç New Member

Local Time:
    6:25 PM
    I'm struggling a problem with my plants for months and I can not slove it no matter what I did. My plants's old leaves are turning black / brown / transperent / melt. Like in the pictures. I tried allmost everything. I did the folloving regularly and One different treatment at a time. I did not apply multiple different solutions at the same time,
    - icreased Mg
    - icreased Ca
    - icreased Iron
    - icreased K
    Nothing seems to work. I'm doing %50 water changes enery week. I'm using co2, diy ferts. Npk, iron and micros.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    The issue could be light related or nutrient related.
    If there is not enough light reaching the bottom, the plant will shed the leafs and relocate its mobile nutrients where it can make best use of it.
    Othe thing to always remember is that bottom leaf issues usually means a mobile nutrient issue. N being the most common one.
    Also did not see you list anything about increasing CO2, have you tried that. Flow to bottom of roots to access of CO2 rich water is just as important as dosing fertilizers

3. Seattle_Aquarist

Seattle_Aquarist Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    Hi @yusuf saraç

You have a couple of responses to this same post over at The Planted Tank.....not going to repeat myself.

Tags: