Compatibility of Plant Choices

Planterson

Junior Poster
Sep 11, 2015
So I'm restocking my main display, going for more of an Iwagumi feel. I've learned a lot over the past year and I think I'm ready for plants with more advanced requirements. As a background, it's a 32g ADA 60p, ADA AS, Radion XR15FW, co2, Fluval 306.

I'm hoping the choices I have made won't present issues with disproportionate nutrient requirements, growth rates, or lighting needs. Here's what I'm going for:

Ground cover and accent:

HC carpet

Echinodorus Tenellus

Staurogyne Repens

Main show plants:

Heternthera Zosterfolia

Pogostemon Erectus

Rotala Macranda

Let me know any thoughts, if I might want to make direct choices or switch something out.

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
Don't see any issues with plant choice. Rotala mac is the only touchy one. Watch it. It'll either be a weed or struggle. If it struggles, you're not doing something right. Others are not the complaining type.

Planterson

Junior Poster
Sep 11, 2015
Yeah, this will be my first foray into "high light" type of setups, so I figured just I'd try one demanding plant at a time, ;)

If things go well I plan to potentially add some other types of Rotala to the mix. I'd also like to get some Alternanthera Reineckii (the "mini" ones) but the supplier didn't have any. It would be nice to tie in the Macranda t the foreground - but I've held off until I determine my success with the Rotala.

Thanks for the feedback!