Collectoritis: Plant VS Tanks Pole

Tex Gal

Junior Poster
Nov 14, 2007
Joshua, TX
I have a theory. I bet most people fall in one of these two groups.

Plant Collectoritis: You love so many different types of plants that you've decided you can't leave any out so you collect every type you can find trying to make them fit into your tank.

Tank Collectoristis: You have evolved. You've decided you want to aquascape and you know that you have to use many plants with little variety to achieve your goal. BUT - you can't give up all those beautiful plants; SO... you keep a multiple of tanks, each with a different aquascape so that you don't have to give up your plant varieties.

So am I right? What do you do?

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
There is a mid point between plant collectoritus and "aquascaper". That is where you want to try as many plants as you can, but you discard them as you go along, so yesterdays beautiful plant is todays compost in favor of tomorrows maybe more beautiful plant. I seem to fit that one. I only have a couple of tanks, so I don't fit your second category at all.

Sintei

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2006
I fit right in in category no1. But ONLY because it's very difficult to get hands on beautiful plants in Sweden. Hence, what you get, you hold on to. Also space is always a problem, so no more than 1 aquarium for me.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
This is why local plant clubs are important.

Better to pool, resources and plants...........

regards,
Tom Barr