This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Colder Weather Climates And Buying Healthy Plants.

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by Brandon Kidd, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Brandon Kidd

Brandon Kidd Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:06 AM
    Living in a colder weather climate I'm finding it difficult to find a good way to get plants in without them being DOA from cold, I was just wondering if anyone in similar climates has a special vendor they have had success with in winter months, I have tried buceplants a couple times but coming from CA its a haul for them, and even with heat packs they likely freeze, melt or cook in the package prior to arrival, not to mention shipping is usually more than the plants.
    Is it my best bet is just waiting until summer months for plant orders? Or possibly if anyone lives in northern Ohio or western Pennsylvania that would know of somewhere local that sells an array of plants i could possibly travel to and pick up myself.

I am a carpenter by trade and winter months tend to be slower, which give me more time for scaping.

Anyways thanks in advance for advice/ help.
    Brandon