This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by deucebiggss, Jan 11, 2010.

1. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    What is the best time to start the CO2 system as far as time goes? Do you start the system before the lights turn on or at the same time? If it's best to start before the lights turn on how soon 15 mins or 1 hour?

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    It depends on YOUR setup and how efficiently/quickly you can get to excellent c02 levels when the lights are on...

Some folks pick 15-90 minutes. Some need less based on tank size and/or diffusion method..

More details on your tank will provide a better response unless the above general answer is sufficient to your query.

3. Darkblade48

Darkblade48 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I agree with Gerryd. Personally, I set my CO2 to start 30 minutes before my lights turn on. The CO2 then turns off 30 minutes before the lights turn off.

4. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    It will be my first time setting it up. Its a 75 gallon tank with a CO2 reactor that I built. I am just basically getting some ideas as to what people ten d to do.