This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

co2 tank? (am i wasting co2)

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by trong, Dec 23, 2009.

1. trong

trong Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    this ? could be looked at a couple different ways. How long does a 10lb tank of co2 last if injecting 25 to 30 ppm of co2 into a 75 gal aquarium? i realize this ? is subjective, with lots of variables, surface movement, light, biomass, o2, ect...( lets assume it's set up correctly.) but also i'm ? ing the efficiency of my reactor.
    so if reactor is extremely efficient a 10lb tank in a heavily planted aquarium with med high light could last 4 months? or 5 months? 10 months? really, i dont know? my first 10lb lasted 6 months but i dont think i was getting high enough levels with that reactor. this 10lb tank with a different reactor has lasted 4 months,with better saturation. does this sound about right? am i wasting co2? is there a formula to figure this out? maybe a pole could be taken?
    any help or thoughts are appreciated. please chime in. thanks in advance

2. happi

happi Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    i have mine 5lb co2 tank, 3bps, co2 on for 8-10 hours a day. i haven been using it for last 4 month and still have allot left in it. i think they should last for 6-8 months.