This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 Regulator Settings And Working Pressure

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Blake, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Blake

Blake New Member

Local Time:
    7:28 AM
    New to the CO2 world here and looking for some information on regulator settings. Sorry if some of these questions have already been asked and answered on here, but I wasn't able to find answers to my specific questions.

1.) Aside from blowing up my tubing and bubble counter, is there a purpose to setting a specific working pressure. From what ive gathered, you want working pressure around 10-40psi, but is there a reason one would set it at 20psi vs 30psi?

2.)Is there a way to estimate how much CO2 my tank will require? Ive read people doing anywhere from 10 bubbles per second to 1 bubble every 5 seconds. Any good starting points recommended? I have a drop checker set up, but just kind of looking for some pearls of wisdom from those more experienced with the nuances that come with CO2.

Any other advice is appreciated. Looking forward to exploring this part of the hobby!