This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 Regulator delivery pressure... what is sufficient?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by tefsom85, Jan 1, 2016.

1. tefsom85

tefsom85 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:50 PM
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer. I'm going to be putting together a new regulator and would like to know what the output delivery rating should be. I see folks that use 60psi, 100psi, and 200psi - mostly by browsing the FS items in trading post by the folks that I would consider the gurus. Is there a max and a min value that we should keep in mind when buying a regulator?

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    Depends on what your using as your diffuser. I power a reactor and a atomizer, I have set over 45 psi, it was lower but things would slow or not be constant so I raised it. With a reactor you only need like 5 psi...

3. tefsom85

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Currently, I'm pushing the CO2 into a NW power head, but would like to have the flexibility to power a reactor or other device at a later time if I change my mind. I think I'm actually more concerned about the high side. It seems I see a lot of regulators that are at 200 psi. If I were to buy one of these 'higher' pressure regulators, would I be able to dial it down sufficiently?

4. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    Yeah you would, its as simple as turning a door knob.

5. tefsom85

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I don't want to spam yet another thread, so I'll ask here. I found a couple of regs on ebay, new, that I can't find manuf info for. Does anyone here have experience or advice on either of these?

Airgas E12-215D - two stage, brass nickel regulator - 100psi delivery

Praxair Prostar Platinum High Purity PRSP5013 - two stage, brass nickel regulator - 150psi delivery?

Assuming that I could change out the CGA to 320 and the post body items easy enough, but correct me if I'm wrong here.

6. tefsom85

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I ended up buying the Prostar. According to the seller, he believes that the regulator is similar to a Praxair PRS-3012-150. I think this should be a decent reg.

From the Praxair site:

"REGULATOR 3012 HIGH PURITY CHROME 2 STG, 3000 PSI INLET, 0-150 PSI DELIVERY STAINLESS STEEL DIAPHRAGM, DIAPHRAGM VALVE, 1/4 inch MNPT"