This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 Regulator, blown gauge???

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by AquaCamp, Aug 2, 2010.

1. AquaCamp

AquaCamp Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    Does the gauge on the left look blown? Or is it supposed to be that far below 0?

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Ric

2. pat w

pat w Member

Local Time:
    It's been my experience (limited) that guages are nonlinear beasts and are calibrated to be most accurate @ 20% (400 psi here) and 80% (1600 psi). If they read accurate at 0 and full scale, well, that's just gravy.

Is that the guage for tank pressure? If no, you need a different guage.

If so, is the tank valve open feeding gas to the reg.? If closed I wouldn't care as long as it seems to read correctly when gas pressure is applied.

Is this a rebuilt or costom built reg? The guages seem to be wrong based on mine. A pic of the other guage would be nice. And a little more info on why you are asking could help.

Gotta go to the plant floor now. Be back when I can.

Pat

#2 pat w, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  3. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is the vane on the guage actually below the stop pin? If so, it looks blown out to me if you're actually feeding gas to it.

-
    S

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Do you also have an empty CO2 cylinder? I'd say that it's blow too. Like shoggoth43 mentioned, the vane shouldn't be below the stop bin.