This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

co2 reactor question

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by travdawg, Mar 4, 2005.

1. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

I have read that ppl use their canister filters as a reactor, instead of bothering with building one. What are the downsides to doing this? I was thinking I could just run a t connector into the intake of whatever canister I get, & just run that by itself. Is there a downside to that? Less equipment to buy or make, & the filter would have plent of material to break up the gas.

Thoughts?

2. Wö£fëñxXx

Wö£fëñxXx Prolific Poster

Re: co2 reactor question

I have done this is the past with moderate success, if you want at least 100% desolution of C02, build a reactor, it is well worth it, and not hard at all, unless one is all thumb's :)
    The filter will accumulate air bubble's using it for a reactor spitting bubbles into tank alot, also not good for the impeller in the long run, if you have a good filter, do yourself a favor..check this out v

http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/co2reactor.htm

3. AV8TOR

AV8TOR Junior Poster

Craig are you running yours like the article you posted on the filters “intake” side? Seems to me the bio-balls will clog big time.

4. Wö£fëñxXx

Wö£fëñxXx Prolific Poster

I run all of mine of the return side, you are correct the intake side would make it really grungy :eek: