This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

co2 quetion

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by hani, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:31 AM
    i just finshed 75g tank with AS,pressurized co2, should i run the co2 from day 1, or do i wait few days? what about light, i have 4X39w, T5, should i start with 2 tubes first then go up?
    thanks

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:31 AM
    Yes!

Hi,

Yes start the CO2 from the beginning, you can start on the low and work up. :)

As for the lights, if it is reasonably well lit rooms leave the lights off for a week or even two, and then start with two lights. If you have a shade cloth or screen or anything use it to keep reduced light for a week or two. When working up to full lighting makes sure, your CO2 is sufficient and then shade the next lights for a while. :gw

I believe too much light too early is responsible for many of the problems in new tanks. The tanks are simply not acclimated to all the light, the system is going through many changes, ramp the light up slowly. You may find you really do not need all that light. :)

Good luck,
    Biollante