This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2,pump & noise question

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by rharlow, Jan 23, 2008.

1. rharlow

rharlow Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:39 AM
    So, I just started up my setup and for the first couple of days with pressurized CO2, everything was fine, but now there seems to be a buildup of CO2 in the Aquamedic 1000, such that the bleeder feeding back to the pump is causing a lot of pump cavitation - ie noise. The setup is a Eheim 1262 feeding an AM1000 reactor. The bleed on top of the reactor is routed back to a "T" on the feed side of the pump. I'm using a T with a 3/16th leg to cause a venturi effect and suck out the excess gas from the reactor. Bubble count is approx 40/min. Any thoughts? Is this normal? Suggestions? Thanks!!!

Chip

2. rharlow

rharlow Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:39 AM
    Figured it out I think. The eheim was strong enough to suck air in from a loose fitting, yet not leak any water - interesting. Tightening up some fittings seems to have worked along with throttling back the eheim a hair.

Chip