CO2 probe

ShadowMac

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 25, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
I missed the part where it says it measures CO2 directly not through pH. hmmmm...it calibrates via atmospheric CO2. Does this use a probe intended for air CO2 ppm testing? Does this work in water? Air quality/CO2 meters are in this price range.

Please report back...i'm a little more curious now that I saw it measures CO2 directly. I would compare it to other methods of indirectly measuring CO2 like the pH/KH chart and see how well they align.

A

aquarist

Hopefully this will be approved soon: posted 9/29

I have seen this on another forum. It looks cool, I just don't like the fact that is has to sit on top of the tank. It's a built in controller so that's a bonus too, it'll control your solenoid for you. Equipment like this, and other hobby grade co2 meters, will take a lot of the guess work out of co2 for planted aquariums and make it easier to keep much healthier and more beautiful plants.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I made a comment on it somewhere/some forum.

I'm not impressed.

yme

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2005
I bought one as well.

there will be a remote probe. the great thing imho is that the size will be "pH probe"-size (oxyguard co2 probe is much larger)

I know that Tim also owns a oxyguard co2 meter and that he was satisfied with the OCO in comparison with the oxyguard co2 meter.

The response time of the sensor is around 3-4 minutes, which is in my experience is bit faster than the oxyguard co2 meter.

grees,

yme