This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 pH probe adaptation - DO Membrane

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by underwurlde, Jan 3, 2007.

1. underwurlde

underwurlde Junior Poster

Possible cheap alternative?....

Some years ago I designed into one of my products a GoreTex hemetic sealing vent. It lets a sealed enclosure 'breath' while at the same time keeping it sealed against water ingression. The product within the range available that I used was a little 12mm diameter disk, with an adhesive ring on one side - you simply stick it over a hole. Part [HASHTAG]#GAW1020613[/HASHTAG]. Now because these little disks were only 40p a pop, it got me thinking - could this be used for the DO membrane?

See:
    Sensor Protection
    http://www.gore.com/MungoBlobs/167/313/membrane_vents_GAW_101.pdf

Protective Vents (Waterproof to IP67) - Available as adhesive disks:
    Adhesive and Cut Parts
    Protective Vents - Complete Product List

I wonder if samples are available via the W.L. Gore & Associates web-site - I'm sure I managed to get some. :rolleyes:

Andy

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Thanks for the tip. That product looks promising, especially the adhesive ones. When I get back to playing with this idea I will look at this more.