This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 Mist and water current

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by stonecutter50, Jan 14, 2006.

1. stonecutter50

stonecutter50 Junior Poster

so far your help has been tremendous. Two more questions:

1) What exactly is CO2 misting?

2) I have a strong powerhead that creates quite a current but does not break the surface. I thought this, along with the return from my Rena filter was too much movement, so I stopped it. What type of water movement are we looking for? And will surface tension be maintained if the water surface "shudders" but there is no true break?

Thanks to all!

2. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Re: CO2 Mist and water current

I can't speak much about the surface tension, except for the fact that the more turbulance at the surface, the faster you lose CO2.

This isn't as important with misting, as the point of misting is to get tiny bubbles to brush against the leaves of the plants before they reach the surface of the water.

Sufficient and directional current is required to get the mist to move around the tank and hit all the plants, and the mist is made by using fine pore diffusers.

More details can be found in the October Issue of the Barr Report.

http://www.barrreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70