This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 line into the reactor where does it go

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by There Be Whales Here, Oct 4, 2005.

1. There Be Whales Here

There Be Whales Here Junior Poster

Ok I am total confused. Some say add the CO2 at the top, others say add it at the bottom. What is the best location to add i, or does it really matter.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. defdac

defdac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Re: CO2 line into the reactor where does it go

You want the gas swirling around inside whatever chamber/reactor/filter you connect the CO2-hose to as long as possible.

If you connect the CO2 to the outflow of the chamber/reactor/filter you will bypass the reactor and nothing is gained. You want the CO2 to be forced through the reactor making the gas swirl around as much as possible.

So we can't say "top" or "bottom" unless we know how the water will flow in your chamber/reactor/filter.

3. There Be Whales Here

There Be Whales Here Junior Poster

I have the water flowing in the reactor from the top to bottom, and the CO2 going in near the bottom. So I am most likely pushing co2 right out of the reactor before it has a chance to do any good. If I am understanding what your are saying I should add the co2 at the top where the inflow of the water is. Correct?

4. defdac

defdac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Yepp, exactly.