This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 Levels In Tank

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by skija, May 7, 2019.

1. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    Hello , I'm measuring CO2 on the top of the tank with a PH meter like this

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/ph-meter-atc

Anyone knows what the difference in co2 can be from the bottom of the tank to the top of the tank ?

I cannot introduce the ph meter completely in the water to measure ph at the bottom of the tank

Thanks

2. tiger15

tiger15 Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    Get a turkey baster or a long syringe to suck up water samples at depth and measure in a cup. The variation of CO2 at surface and depth depends on your circulation. You should measure pH profiles vertically and horizontally to gauge how good your CO2 distribution is.

3. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    I can do that with a hose , to suck water in a bucket but doesn't seem to be a good measurement option

4. tiger15

tiger15 Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    Not a good idea. Dollar store sells turkey baster and for a little more money, you can buy a big syringe from pharmacy store for more precise sample drawing. I attached a air hose at the end of the syringe to extend the length. You want to make point measurement, not over drawing too much sample you don't know where it comes from.

Tags: