CO2 kaput for a week.. whats best dealing strategy

niru

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2011
Basel, Switzerland
Hi all

My co2 fe bottle is empty and refill will happen only a week later.. So whats the best way to avoid algae and manage plants? At the moment I have switched off the lights but theres ambient light.. Everything else is as usual. Have some bits of BBA in the tank. Am adding easy carbo more than usual.

Any suggestions welcome.

thanks
Niru

gomgom

Prolific Poster
Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2011
FRANCE
running out of Co² is a nightmare to me each time it happens ! Now I always keep a emergency bottle !

Keep your tank clean and I guess it will be ok !

AaronT

Jul 29, 2013
gomgom;119035 said:
running out of Co² is a nightmare to me each time it happens ! Now I always keep a emergency bottle !

Keep your tank clean and I guess it will be ok !

Same, I always keep a 5 lb. tank full and on hand for just such occasions. Otherwise, reduce your lighting and add the liquid carbon.

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I think the fact that you have switched your lights off will make a big difference.

I would also stop dosing ferts for the week as they won't be being gobbled up as fast without the lights on.

Once you get your bottle up and running again, put your lights and dosing back to normal and I think you will be fine.

I don't think that BBA will germinate much without a decent amount of light myself.

Scott.

niru

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2011
Basel, Switzerland
Thanks all.. I have a 2nd 4lb spare bottle but that too emptied itself (perhaps wasnt fastened properly).

Hoping all goes well.

niru

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2