This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 issue?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by mlfishman, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mlfishman

mlfishman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    I recently tested my tanks P levels (I follow EI) and I found that I had a value somewhere close to 10ppm. However I still get some GSA on my anubias leaves and glass. Granted it has gotten a bit better over time, but never completely go away. I also have minute amounts of BBA. Very minute and it doesnt really spread. I used to add 2ppm of P 4 x a week ( a gross excess) but have stopped adding them while performing my regular water changes to get hte levels down. I will dose a bit more like 2ppm weekly. Howver my question is, is this a co2 issue?? I keep my co2 levels over 30ppm at all times but thought maybe as a result of variations in my ph and kh tests it could be dipping below that and cause the GSA. any thoughts??

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    Re: Co2 issue?

Add more CO2 slowly.

BBA and GSA both scream low CO2.
    PO4 is high, you surely don't need that much, reduce dosing to 2-3ppm per week and do the weekly water changes etc(It'll never exceed 4ppm then).

Regards,
    Tom Barr