This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 Help

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by goalieman59, Jan 8, 2010.

1. goalieman59

goalieman59 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:30 PM
    Everyday I have to check my CO2 cause my BPS drops down to the point where my drop checker turns blue. I have red sea regulator and a red sea bubble counter. I had no issues until I went from a 5 lb container to a 20lb I have checked for leaks and I have none. Can someone please help me.

2. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I would check it one more time for leaks.

Some people make a strong soap solution and 'hose' the regulator assembly really well. Then walk away for 10-15 minutes and come back and check it. The folks doing this said that they found leaks doing it this way that they normally wouldn't.

Some folks like to use a product like Windex.

Also, your regulator assembly may have some 'trash' in it from the CO2 cylinders. Open everything wide open and give it several blasts. You may even have to remove the regulator assembly to get the trash out with compressed air.

3. scottward

scottward Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Check the bubble counter very carefully. I washed mine out with water once and ended up with some water trapped on the CO2 inlet side, which caused some problems getting a stable bubble rate.

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Did you set the high and low side on the new tank to the same PSI as the old?

Maybe your pressure is insufficient and the valves needs adjustment?

5. abcemorse

abcemorse Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Also try removeing and cleaning the needle valve, I had that issue once after a tank change, got a little piece of teflon in the NV. Once removed no more probs. HTH