co2 equipment ?

tinkerman

Subscriber
Dec 8, 2007
Moorhead,MN
Sorry I'm sure this question been asked a million times but I finally came up with enough money for a pressurized co2 set-up and was wondering where are the best sites to get this stuff that people have good feed back on. I will be using on more than 1 tank also, so am I correct in thinking I need 1 bottle (can get this localy), 1 regulator, and 2 needle valves, I have syring bubble counters already are these sufient I hope if not oh well.

swylie

Prolific Poster
May 23, 2007
A lot of people buy their regulators from this guy. His prices are fair for the quality of equipment he sells, and he's helpful and knowledgeable.

I can't remember seeing anyone ever complain about him or his product.

swylie

Prolific Poster
May 23, 2007
jeff5614;22974 said:
I've had this one for over a year with no problems.

AQUARIUMPLANTS.COM's Co2 Regulator)

I think Rex has said that AquariumPlants copied some of his equipment choices. It looks like they use the same regulator and check valve, but they're using a different solenoid. AquariumPlants is using a Clippard needle valve, and I'm not clear whether Rex still includes Clippards with his regs. He doesn't sell them separately anymore except by special order. Instead he sells Fabcos and Swageloks, which are better.

I'm sure you'd be fine ordering from either.

milesm

Prolific Poster
Oct 18, 2006
if you're going to use on multiple set-ups, you'll need a manifold as well.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
The fabco are about the best for $ I'd say, easy to add also to an existing system.

John F. from SF wrote this recently:

I compared the STC CV1/4N1/8 ($6.67), the Clippard MNV-4K2
($11.23+shipping) and the Fabco FC-55 ($27.00 from Dave, by
comparison
a local distributor wanted $37.40 for the same one)

9 turns:
Fabco 0-1.76 SCFM (@80 psi)
STC 0-3 SCFM (@60psi)
Clippard 0-5 SCFM (@100 psi)

Sp the Fabco is 2.8X more sensitive than the Clippard.
The Clippard will get the job done, but skimping on the CO2 is never a wise choice.
The STC is much better and as good as any ADA needle valve. A supply surplus place sells them for peanuts here in CA, but I do not use them.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Aknickolai

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 11, 2008
I'll second the vote for getting your regulator from Rex. You can also order dry ferts from him for a reasonable price.