co2 diffuser-reactor - witch one to buy?

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
I'm planning to replace my diy co2 reactor (witch does a great job btw) because it's taking up a lot of place in my tank.
What do you think would be a good choice?
I can't decide between this
this one
or this one

Anyone tried one of these?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi,

I understand #3 the rhinox are very good...don't forget to get a spare if you can...

How about a small needle wheel powerhead instead?

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
Gerryd;52819 said:
Hi,

I understand #3 the rhinox are very good...don't forget to get a spare if you can...

How about a small needle wheel powerhead instead?

I've heard good things about Rhinox , if i get it , i was thinking of putting it below a wawemaker..
Needle wheel, you think so? I used to have co2 coming from an airstone and into a couple of Atman 500lit-h powerheads , i actualy did not like the co2 oscillating because of the powerhead clogging..
Maybe to drill a hole and put a co2 tube inside the powerhead?

I saw some videos of Atomizer on Youtube and it seams to make extremely micro fine bubbles... And i like the fact that it can be placed outside of the aquarium...
But i don't wanna pay 20$ +10$ shipping if a powerhead is equally good..(i have few extra now my wawemaker has arrived)

majstor

Junior Poster
Dec 14, 2009
I read about leaking stories with first one, i would stay away. It looks like manufacturing quality is not really high and i would not trust it to be used for couple of years.
I have second in 110 gal and its working fine. It can be on intake (like at me) and outtake. If on intake, co2 dissolves completly with here or there "burping" and if on outtake it creates mist . Wavemaker or powerhead in needed in that case imho to propel bubbles and have them longer in aquarium. i think im gonna shoot video tonight so you can see

Last edited by a moderator:

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
majstor;52830 said:
I read about leaking stories with first one, i would stay away. I looks like manufacturing quality is not really high and i would not trust it to be used for couple of years.
I have second in 110 gal and its working fine. It can be on intake (like at me) and outtake. If on intake, co2 dissolves completly with here or there "burping" and if on outtake it creates mist . Wavemaker or powerhead in needed in that case imho to propel bubbles and have them longer in aquarium. i think im gonna shoot video tonight so you can see

Hi Majstor! Good to see you here! Haven't seen you on AR for a while..

So, you're satisfied with that one? I wonder how fine is the mist while on the output....
The price is pretty atractive i must admit.
Looking forward to see that video..
Živio!

dbazuin

Guru Class Expert
Dec 30, 2009
Do you gone give it his own pump?
If so the in and output size is something to consider.
Mine has a in and output size of 9/12 and then you must use a small capacity pump.
I would change that I would prefer one with a 12/16 in and output. Then you can also ad some extra flow by using a bigger pump.

clduffy

Junior Poster
Jul 15, 2010
Northern CA
Green Leaf Aquarium is selling the second one. I talked to them on the phone this week and they had nothing but good to say about it. Unfortunately I placed an online order and neglected to put it in my basket. I think I might buy it Monday.
Majstor, I'd really be interested in seeing the video. Where could I find it?
Has anyone used the Cal Aqua inline glass diffuser? It certainly is a little pricy, but if it works... Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

majstor

Junior Poster
Dec 14, 2009
clduffy;53395 said:
Green Leaf Aquarium is selling the second one. I talked to them on the phone this week and they had nothing but good to say about it. Unfortunately I placed an online order and neglected to put it in my basket. I think I might buy it Monday.
Majstor, I'd really be interested in seeing the video. Where could I find it?

Here it is

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7853294/20809327

Thats a video of my setup, diy filter etc