CO2 diffuser for nano

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
Hi,

I'm looking for a pressurized CO2 diffuser for my 11gal tank.

I fell on the rhinox 1000 series

25_1.jpg

Are those ceramic/glass diffusers adequate for a small tank or still I should look for a myst or external reactor?

many thanks for your help

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
Sorry to insist, since there are delays to ship and so that I get my CO2 before immersion...

Will those ceramic diffusers suited for a nano or would lead to inconsistent CO2 or much waste gas?

A needle whell in such a tank would be too ugly for my taste

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
Hi again,

I just found this: Up Aquarium Atomizer System, sort of an atomizer using an inline setup with a ceramic disc and from what I read in some forums, it gives a much finer mist than with glass ceramic difuuser, the aquarium looking hazy with CO2 bubbles depending on the bps

Any one could advice me on the better system? They also sell inline external reactor suitable for a nano with a small size. In forums, the Atomizer is said to be much more effective than the reactor

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
I think the safe answer is likely the ceramic diffuser. :eek:

Personally, I prefer reactors.:)

I have seen a device similar (definitely not the same brand) to The Atomizer System at one of the best Live Fish and plant retailers I have ever seen. The device seems to be working well on a number of nano displays they have. It looks suspiciously like other (larger) counter flow reactor devices I have used.

Given the price and apparent clean nature of the system, I would go with The Atomizer System.

Then, of course, want a complete report.:D

Biollante

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
Yes, I'm really tempted. The atomizer uses apparently a ceramic diffuser that results in microbubbles sucked by the waterflow. In the Ausralian forum where they also sell it, people that bought it talk about a hazy aspect of the tank flooded with CO2 mist if you increase the count. For same bubble count, they say the drop checker moved from green to yellow....