CO2 automizer

mi5haha

Prolific Poster
Oct 12, 2008
It has been popular here for a while. Other trade off issues are: higher pressure to keep its going; once stopped Co2, there will be leaking; bubble counter broken; all joints have to be extra tightened;

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
mi5haha;45396 said:
It has been popular here for a while. Other trade off issues are: higher pressure to keep its going; once stopped Co2, there will be leaking; bubble counter broken; all joints have to be extra tightened;

Yes, it needs higher pressure for CO2

But I don't see why you say it leaks? Once CO2 is shut down, no CO2 reaches the atomizer and it won't leak
It doesn't have a bubble counter too, so can't see how it is broken. Maybe try to explain better what you mean

chris81

Prolific Poster
Mar 31, 2008
Malta
I have ordered one of these too and its somewhere on its way from singapore at the moment. What s the best way to set it up and would a 1000 L/hr pump be sufficient for it??

shoggoth43

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
I'm considering using on on the INPUT side of a powerhead to see if that helps smash the CO2 better. Otherwise, put it on the output and then plumb the CO2 line to your solenoid. Remember to use a check valve on the CO2 line.

-
S

mi5haha

Prolific Poster
Oct 12, 2008
water leaks from the joints when Co2 stops, not Co2. Bubble counter cannot stand the higher pressure then, it is broken. The bubble numbers become less caused by higher pressure. a lot of people thought that the device is saving Co2.

jonny_ftm

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2009
Thank you mi5haha for the feedback,

In my case, and also on the numerous feedbacks over other forums, I never expierienced any leak. Maybe you got a bad unit?

Furthermore, I have no water going through ceramic towards CO2 chamber that remains always empty, even when CO2 tube is unplugged. If water leaks from CO2 chamber (in my case, water never reaches the chamber), then CO2 would leak too, which is not my case (but I'll test it again tonight, spraying CO2 detector all over the device)

Finally, the pressure needed is, as you say, very high (2.1 bars = 30psi in my case to have a decent control on pressure). But, this won't change the function of a bubble counter at all. Bubble size depends more on the bubble counter orifice size then on pressure at those limits. With my AM1000 and high flow filter, I still need 2 bars (29 psi) too

The real downside in my case, is the abscence of flow back of water to CO2 chamber that remains dry. This causes the liquid in bubble counter to slowly evaporate. I need to fill my bubble counter every 3-4 weeks. Do you know any solution for this?

Last edited by a moderator: