This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CO2 automizer

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by hani, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

2. mi5haha

mi5haha Prolific Poster

It has been popular here for a while. Other trade off issues are: higher pressure to keep its going; once stopped Co2, there will be leaking; bubble counter broken; all joints have to be extra tightened;

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Yes, it needs higher pressure for CO2

But I don't see why you say it leaks? Once CO2 is shut down, no CO2 reaches the atomizer and it won't leak
    It doesn't have a bubble counter too, so can't see how it is broken. Maybe try to explain better what you mean

4. chris81

chris81 Prolific Poster

I have ordered one of these too and its somewhere on its way from singapore at the moment. What s the best way to set it up and would a 1000 L/hr pump be sufficient for it??

5. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I'm considering using on on the INPUT side of a powerhead to see if that helps smash the CO2 better. Otherwise, put it on the output and then plumb the CO2 line to your solenoid. Remember to use a check valve on the CO2 line.

-
    S

6. mi5haha

mi5haha Prolific Poster

water leaks from the joints when Co2 stops, not Co2. Bubble counter cannot stand the higher pressure then, it is broken. The bubble numbers become less caused by higher pressure. a lot of people thought that the device is saving Co2.

7. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Thank you mi5haha for the feedback,

In my case, and also on the numerous feedbacks over other forums, I never expierienced any leak. Maybe you got a bad unit?

Furthermore, I have no water going through ceramic towards CO2 chamber that remains always empty, even when CO2 tube is unplugged. If water leaks from CO2 chamber (in my case, water never reaches the chamber), then CO2 would leak too, which is not my case (but I'll test it again tonight, spraying CO2 detector all over the device)

Finally, the pressure needed is, as you say, very high (2.1 bars = 30psi in my case to have a decent control on pressure). But, this won't change the function of a bubble counter at all. Bubble size depends more on the bubble counter orifice size then on pressure at those limits. With my AM1000 and high flow filter, I still need 2 bars (29 psi) too

The real downside in my case, is the abscence of flow back of water to CO2 chamber that remains dry. This causes the liquid in bubble counter to slowly evaporate. I need to fill my bubble counter every 3-4 weeks. Do you know any solution for this?

#7 jonny_ftm, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010