This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 Around The Room

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Farmhand, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Farmhand

Farmhand Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    If I want to run a CO2 line around the room:
    1. Should I just keep the solenoid and needle valve by the regulator? (It takes along time for CO2 to start and need two timers for lights and solenoid.)
    or
    2. Run active CO2 line at 40 PSI around the room with a local solenoid and needle valve by the tank?

I prefer option #2 as I have 6 tanks set at different times, but occasionally turn everything on. Fewer timers is simpler.
    Tks

2. Swissal

Swissal Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    I have the solenoid just after the regulator (on the co2 tank), and the needle valve (and non-return valve) about 10 - 15m away, under the aquarium. It doesn't take long to fill the line like this, and the CO2 starts pretty quickly, since the distance from the needle valve to the diffuser is very short. The other advantage is that you don't hear any hum from the solenoid, because it is in another room. Won't work with an all-in-one regulator of course. Need to build your own. Just FWIW!

Farmhand likes this.
  3. Farmhand

Farmhand Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    This was the idea I was looking for. Tks
    I have found the Clippard Solenoid from www.diyco2regulator.com runs quite and cool.

Tags: