This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 And Ph

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Lisa Gordon, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Lisa Gordon

Lisa Gordon New Member

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    Hello,

I have a question. I run CO2 through a Ph regulator, as the tank size I have (240 gallon) doesn't necessarily bode well with drop checker, I had continual algae blooms, BBA, and stunted plant growth. However, my Ph has decided to settle at 6.4- 6.6 without CO2 injection, while my Tap Ph is around 7.2. I'm concerned with dropping my Ph any lower with CO2, as I don't wish for my fish to suffer. I do have discus, rams, cardinals, rummynose, and bristlenose pleco. I've used the rotalabutterfly calculator regarding Ph based on my water parameters, but when I altered my controller to reflect the calculation, my fish seemed displeased.

My question: should I try natural methods to raise my Ph, IE calcium carbonate sand in my sump to gently raise the Ph, so that I can add the Co2 back? or leave well enough alone?

2. Medibrah

Medibrah New Member

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    How much water change you do?
    I think regular WC will make it.

Also what is your tapwater KH?

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

Tags: