This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 And Pearling

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by rs18alpha, Jan 16, 2019.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    11:12 PM
    I've been working with a member on my tank parameters and we're zeroing in on everything but I noticed the other day that I'm not getting as much pearling as I was last week so I thought I'd start a new thread. I hate to keep bothering the member that's been helping me.

I do weekly WC and I keep up with my maintenance.

My s. repens aren't pearling as much as they were. I've been getting the CO2 levels dialed in. PH is steady at 6.4 KH 4 I'm trying to get them a little lower.

Is it normal for plants to pearl a lot for a few days and then not?

I have a good dispersion of the CO2, so I think. Good surface agitation.

Any ideas??

2. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:12 PM
    I observed that sometimes on my stauros , I guess its because of the water change , after doing WC 1-2 days they pearl like crazy after that not so much , I guess its because of high oxygen levels

Also keep in mind that I have stauros on the bottom of the tank so they are not getting the same amount of CO2 and light as my rotalas do , so I guess this can be an explanation as well

Stauros are also slow growers so they will not pearl as much as rotalas do

3. Simon Yee

Simon Yee New Member
    Premium Member

Local Time:
    6:12 AM
    Hi,
    I use filter and also Black colour Dustbin to store my water because of the water supply can make good number of algae.
    And then there is terror of the night 'Phosphate' in the feed and water supply.

Tags: