This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Co2 Advice In A New Tank

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tiago Jesus, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Tiago Jesus

Tiago Jesus New Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Hi guys,

I need your help from your knowledge and experience, i started a new tank, 300 liters/80 gallons and with hardscape and substrate i have around 250 litters of water.
    I have several doubts but my biggest concern is related with co2 and algae.
    I have a ph controller and i putted the co2 to drop my pH around 1. My filtered tap water is around 7.2 and i have pH 6.2.
    The Co2 is turned on 3 hours before lights on and it´s off when it´s lights out.
    My question is: Is it ok to turn off the co2 or should i run it 24/7?
    Also, what your thoughts about starting fertilizing with Estimative Index right now? The tank is one week old.

I attached a picture of the tank so you can have an idea. The flora is HC Cuba, Monte Carlo on the top of the bonsais, Marcilea crenata on the darkest areas and Bucephalandras.

Let me know your thoughts,

Thanks

IMG_5519.JPG

toads74 likes this.
  2. Tiago Jesus

Tiago Jesus New Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Anyone please?

Tags: