This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cloudy Water After A Water Change?

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by rs18alpha, Feb 24, 2018.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    Some times after I do a WC the water gets cloudy.
    Is this normal?

When I do a basic WC I keep my hob filter on and I use a net with a colander inside to keep the water from disturbing the substrate. When the water goes thru the net it doesn't disturb anything so I know this isn't the cause of the cloudy water.

Of course when I need to clean the filter I turn it off. When I clean my filter media I use tank water. I always keep the media wet as well.

Any ideas on this?

2. Kyalgae

Kyalgae Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:11 AM
    If I use my well water, before going through the RO, initially it is clear for a few hours, but I think the high iron in the water starts to precipitate out. This does make things cloudy. If I use even a little bit of this water I get haze. The filter eventually removes the small particles. It might be that.

3. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    What type of water do you use? Do you notice the cloudiness as it comes up or after some time ? How long does it last ?

If water comes under high pressure, the formation of micro air bubbles as water quickly depressurizes can give a milky color.