This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clippard Solenoid Valve Still Sticks

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by inkslinger, Jun 5, 2009.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

It seems that every time I undo my regulator to get my tank filled and put every thing back together it will get stuck open when the timer shuts off.
    I tried to clean with it with an air can an it will work a bit then stick again.
    Can I add a dab of WD30 to the stem will that work?

2. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I wouldn't use any lubricants personally; fish will be breathing the stuff. Think contaminated air while scuba diving. Try taking the solenoid apart, dusting everything, then putting it back together. I had the same problem at one point, and it seemed to go away after that.

-Philosophos

3. inkslinger

I do that just about every fill up?

4. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Can you get your hands on another of the same temporarily? You could always go for trial and error; see which part is malfunctioning through replacement. Order the part once identified.

This link might be helpful, maybe there's something they mention that you haven't checked:

YouTube - Solenoid Valve How It Works

-Philosophos

5. inkslinger