This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Clippard Solenoid Valve Fail

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by inkslinger, Jan 1, 2009.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    I got a Clippard Solenoid Vale a couple of months back, I had gotten my co2 fill the other day {I place it down gently on the bottom of my cabinet}and when i return I install it back together after 4 hours when the tank got to room temp. I notice the bubble counter was still bubbling when the solenoid power was off.
    It's there a way to fix these do i take it apart? I think tomorrow i will email the company to see what i have to do ? It will not stop when the power is off?

2. Calmer

Calmer Junior Poster

Local Time:
  3. kid creole

kid creole Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I am not speaking from personal experience, but the first thing I would try would be a blast of compressed air in the opposite direction, both with it "on" and "off". If you don't have any compressed air, maybe just blow into it. Typically, a solenoid should fail in the off position. If it is on all the time, it makes me think that something is blocking it from closing.

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I would say that electrical problems, with the solenoid coil, would make it fail to open, but mechanical problems, with the valve, would make it fail to close properly. One obvious mechanical problem is contamination getting between the valve seat and the poppet or whatever seals against the seat. So, blowing through it could dislodge the contaminant, and turning it off and on several times could help it do that.

5. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Thanks guys i got to work . I took it apart blew into it a couple of times and reinstall it back to the tank an power it up an gave it a couple of burst of pressure and install the needle valve back an it works fine.