This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clearish/Whitish spots on glass

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by travdawg, Apr 19, 2005.

1. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

some miscellany regarding my tank :

I have been ODing my tank on Flourish Excel to see if it would wipe out the BBA that is overruning my Driftwood, & is here & there elsewhere in my tank. So far, it may have done a LITTLE good, but overall, I have not seen what I was expecting (I am on day 10).

My gravel is getting some greenery on it, & my HOB filter has some green growth on the outflow from the box.... My Nitrates are not high, around 10ppm, & I do infrequent water changes (on purpose). I have some snails that I ASSUME (big assumption) are I think Malaysian Trumpet Snails. Very small fellas that I see every now & again crawling under my substrate (still ugly blue rocks, havent gotten the eco yet).

I have been having some Green Fleck Algae, that I have been wiping off every week or two.

Co2 is DIY. Its in a Hagen kit, only I have the output going thru one of those Rena microbubble stones, & the micro bubbles rise from it into the Hagen ladder... Dunno if that helps, but seemed like a good idea on paper.

This morning I noticed on the front & back glass of the tank (on the inside) some clearish/whitish specks on the glass. They are bigger than the green flecks, I could see them from across the room. I have NO idea what they could be. Do any of you care to take a stab?

Trav

2. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

Re: Clearish/Whitish spots on glass

Could they be snails eggs Trav?

Ian

3. groovyfishguy

groovyfishguy Prolific Poster

That would be my guess as well..... :confused:

4. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

That was what I was wondering... I came home today & they were no longer on the walls. So I assume they have gone to ground. As long as they arent eating the plants, I think I will let them infest the tank. Clean up the gravel some.