This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Circulation Too Much Or Too Little??

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by rs18alpha, Dec 7, 2018.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    I have a power head in the back of the tank. The water that passes over the tall plants in the back. They have a little algae on the tops. I've herd that too much flow can cause algae. Is this true?

Someone suggested I increase the CO2 when I have black algae on the tips of leaves. I did that a few days ago and I'm waiting to see if that helps.

It's a 40 gal breeder. I have an Eheim 4+ pro 600 Canister filter with 2 Hydor 180gph power heads and a small 60gph power head to create surface movement.

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    I haven’t found that to be true. I have a Fx4 in a 40b. Plus a 192gph pump for CO2.

I do have BBA but it’s on slow growing plants in path of the flow that grab on to debris like Anubis’s Buce and BV. All my stem plants are clean. Its always related to how much gunk is floating in my water, more so after uprooting etc.

Tags: