Chihiros Vivid 2 Problems and Flaws (Broken)

Archlight

Oct 5, 2021
Philippines
First of all I apologize for my not so good English i am not a native English speaker , this video's intended purpose is to show the Flaws and the problem I encounter using the Chihiros Vivid 2 for 10 months (bought this one from Ali Express that has only 75 days warranty) . I cannot use it anymore since the only available way to control the light is thru app and it's Bluetooth Controller Module or PCB is not working. So for me it's good as dead since it's been just sitting with blue led light on and it cannot be controlled with the app. Sliding Up and Down the Red and Green doesn't do any changes nor the functionality of the whole lights is Dead since it's very dependent to the Application. If i remove the Bluetooth control it will show that the Light will turn on to max settings which is 100% Blue , Red and Green but this will not turn on the fan nor dim the light which in turns consume lots of electricity and burn the unit itself. It has no built in control on the light surface or whatsoever. Chihiros Aquatic Studio could have built in a surface control to app itself or they shouldn't have built in the Bluetooth controller or PCB exactly just inside the light casing just above the leds that burns scorchingly hot which will transfer the heat to the PCB. Or another solution is they should have used an external Bluetooth controller. Nonetheless buying the PCB and Bluetooth cost 30 usd which is already expensive and at the same time it doesn't justify that a light as expensive as this is prone to these problems. I know the company is aware of these problems as they even made a video on their YouTube channel on how to change the PCB and Bluetooth module of the light, in which a light as expensive as the Vivid2 should have at least negated this problem because the control solely focuses on being wireless. This made me buy this light because of the Hype itself, but then this light is good but those are eliminated heavily when it deemed not usable anymore. There are other better lights that performs the same in the market with better design, built in controller+Bluetooth in the app itself, and better heat dissipation. Example of these are the Week Aqua Phoenix. Anyways I just want to post my frustrations here since emailing the Company , the replies takes ages.

Serjeline

Nov 28, 2021
Russia
First of all I apologize for my not so good English i am not a native English speaker , this video's intended purpose is to show the Flaws and the problem I encounter using the Chihiros Vivid 2 for 10 months (bought this one from Ali Express that has only 75 days warranty) . I cannot use it anymore since the only available way to control the light is thru app and it's Bluetooth Controller Module or PCB is not working. So for me it's good as dead since it's been just sitting with blue led light on and it cannot be controlled with the app. Sliding Up and Down the Red and Green doesn't do any changes nor the functionality of the whole lights is Dead since it's very dependent to the Application. If i remove the Bluetooth control it will show that the Light will turn on to max settings which is 100% Blue , Red and Green but this will not turn on the fan nor dim the light which in turns consume lots of electricity and burn the unit itself. It has no built in control on the light surface or whatsoever. Chihiros Aquatic Studio could have built in a surface control to app itself or they shouldn't have built in the Bluetooth controller or PCB exactly just inside the light casing just above the leds that burns scorchingly hot which will transfer the heat to the PCB. Or another solution is they should have used an external Bluetooth controller. Nonetheless buying the PCB and Bluetooth cost 30 usd which is already expensive and at the same time it doesn't justify that a light as expensive as this is prone to these problems. I know the company is aware of these problems as they even made a video on their YouTube channel on how to change the PCB and Bluetooth module of the light, in which a light as expensive as the Vivid2 should have at least negated this problem because the control solely focuses on being wireless. This made me buy this light because of the Hype itself, but then this light is good but those are eliminated heavily when it deemed not usable anymore. There are other better lights that performs the same in the market with better design, built in controller+Bluetooth in the app itself, and better heat dissipation. Example of these are the Week Aqua Phoenix. Anyways I just want to post my frustrations here since emailing the Company , the replies takes ages.

Hi. have you tried unplugging the bluetooth unit on the pcb and then plugging it back in? I had the same problem as yours, I was helped by simply reconnecting the bluetooth unit and replacing the battery.