This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cherry Shrimps And Crystal Shrimps W/ Co2

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Hardwell, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Hardwell

Hardwell New Member

Local Time:
    6:25 PM
    So the story is I used to have a high tech 55g and thought it was too much maintenance so I converted it to a low tech shrimp tank housing both cherries and crystals. Missed high tech so I slowly converted it back to high tech. Started to adapt the shrimps to CO2, 1bps the first day up to 2bps the second day. It was on 2bps when I left the house and came back after a couple of hours and all my shrimps were on their backs kicking their legs, and im talking all 300+ crystals.. it was devastating. Stopped CO2, and did a 80% emergency WC. Even then I lost about 80% of all shrimps. Every day following the crisis I would find 1-2 dead shrimps per day. Decided to cycle a small 20g tank, transferred them over and no deaths since. Some even have eggs again but no shrimplets yet.

So my main question is, how do people keep shrimps and CO2 together. My shrimps absolutely hate CO2 and are so sensitive to it. The crystals are not high-graded, most are grade As.

2. tiger15

tiger15 Member

Local Time:
    7:25 PM
    In addition to dialing up. CO2, do you also dose macros and micros. Have you eliminated other factors before blaming CO2. What’s your estimated CO2 based on kH and pH drop you’ve achieved.

3. Hardwell

Hardwell New Member

Local Time:
    6:25 PM
    No ferts were dosed, only CO2. I didn't measure my CO2 at that time. Didn't feel the need to when just injecting 1bps-2bps in a 55g tank.