This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap CO2 mister/diffuser

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by camilocastroalvarado, Jun 4, 2015.

1. camilocastroalvarado

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Hi everyone.

I had one of these in-line filters commonly sold in the fertirrigation industry, since they are able to manage big flows (1 inch ports and more) I decided to give it a try as a water polisher in the return pump of my tank. My surprise was that besides clearing my water a bit, it was giving a uniform and nicer/smaller mist compared with the one produced by the pump alone.

Mine came with 2 1" ports, and 1 3/4" in the bottom that I'm not using, but I will try to inject CO2 directly in there just like the common in-line atomizers works.

One of the great advantages is that they don't reduce flow considerably and they're very easy to clean. They have a very large surface area so they don't clog easily and you can use them as water polishers.

I think you guys in USA can get them for less than $15, much cheaper than the big filter housings. You may add the reactor next also.

DSC_0134_zpswf8ksuax.jpg

DSC_0135_zpsx2xbma4m.jpg

Best regards.

2. chilltyperiod

chilltyperiod Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Nice find I would say. But not necessary if you have a good canister filter. So you have put this part after your inline atomizer?

3. camilocastroalvarado

Local Time:
    Hi, I'm using a wet dry filter, not a canister. The CO2 is injected in the return pump, then the water goes through this unit before entering the tank. This is actually the inline atomizer.

Best regards.