This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Changed over to ADA and have question re PH

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by davej, Sep 2, 2006.

1. davej

davej Junior Poster

Last week I changed over to ADA Aquasoil.
    I noticed a drop in my ph right away, about a full point.
    Tom after a few days I took a sample of water and let it sit out for 24 hours.
    It read 6.2 on my Pinpoint monitor. So as per your advice I set out to drop my PH by a full point, at 5.3 my fish were doing somersaults and gasping. Almost lost a few. Put an air stone in the tank and brought it dack up to 5.7. They are much happier.
    The question is is that enough CO2?
    How does the ADA soil affect the CO2 carrying capacity of the water?
    Is there anything I should be doing?

My water here in Vancouver is extremely soft. Practicaly 0CH - 0KH
    I have added some Calcium carbonate and epsom salts to help buffer the water.
    What do you recomend I shoot for with my KH and CH and PH????