This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Change of substrate

Discussion in 'Sediment / Substrate' started by Gbark, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Gbark

Gbark Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    9:57 PM
    Hi All,

Some advice / your opinions please.

I would like to change my substrate. Currently my 125ltr tank has been set up and running for several years with Tropica auqacare substrate and gravel on top.

I fancy a change :)

I am planning on sucking the Aqua care out with a gravel cleaner, then dropping the water level, i will then take out 50% of the gravel. I would then like to cover with a new substrate.

I was hoping for a sand foreground for my cory's. I do also use AS in my other tank which i do like.

What would you do?

Cheers G:)

2. Gbark

Gbark Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Ahh well, no opions then!!

I have done the task now, went smooth, new plants in, and fish look happy.

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    You could give a feedback on how you did. Would be much more informative for us when users contribute with feedbacks, even when they didn't get help.

If it was me, I'd suck every thing, clean gravel a bit, put the new soil and top it with gravel/sand

4. Shad0w

Shad0w Junior Poster

Local Time:
    If I were you, I will remove the fish, drain the tank take out the old substrate, clean the tank and put new substrate. Basically re-start the whole thing from zero.